Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009), known as the
PocketFavorite.com

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tiger Woods out for season

Tiger Woods is out for the season because of knee problems, according to a Golf Channel report that has been confirmed by the Associated Press.



Q1x00059_9The network, citing unidentified sources, says the U.S. Open winner will undergo knee surgery.

Update at 12 p.m. ET: Woods posted a statement on his website.

"While I am obviously disappointed to have to miss the remainder of the season, I have to do the right thing for my long-term health and look forward to returning to competitive golf when my doctors agree that my knee is sufficiently healthy," he says. "My doctors assure me with the proper rehabilitation and training, the knee will be strong and there will be no long-term effects."

(Photo taken Monday by Robyn Beck, AFP/Getty Images.)